The Retired Engineer program also recognizes the power engineer who, throughout his or her career, worked to promote the profession of the Power Engineer.


  • Minimum age – 55 years and proof of retirement
  • Experience – Must show proof of municipal, state, federal, or other approved license with 10 years experience. If a person has not held any type of Power Engineer, Stationary Engineer, or Boiler license, the person may apply for a retired Power Engineer's license if they have 10 years experience. A detailed resume indicating duties and responsibilities including type & rating of equipment operated and attested by two licensed persons or two qualified power operations persons
  • Examination – None

Large Piping for Diesel Plants


The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs – Veterans Benefits Administration has approved our test for Licensing and Certification Test Reimbursement!

VA Form 22-0803 Application for Reimbursement of Licensing or Certification Test is available from the ASOPE® office. Call ASOPE® at (886) 926-1821


ASOPE® has a Book Loan Program that allows a person seeking an ASOPE® license a chance to study before taking a test. The program was designed for people that could not purchase books or just wanted to brush up on subject information before testing.

Books are donated or purchased by ASOPE® regions. The program is a total volunteer effort and comes with no cost except for shipping the books to and from the ASOPE® National Office. For more information, call (886) 926-1821 or email